Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Words Of Wisdom~

Have you ever heard of a word 'abrogate'?

'avarice'?

'whiplash'?

'gainsay'?

'jiffy'?

'namby pamby'?


Well, neither do I, in that case.

Caution: You might have came across of this exceptionally words used by some of the author who wrote your favourite books to explain certain features.

Does it makes your life or reading a bit difficult?
For me, yeah...

Not all people have a brain like an Oxford Dictionary;
full of words with many meanings;
words that are rarely used by people;
words that are complex in any other way;

I called it -- words of wisdom --

I dun like to use complicated words to describe myself;
I dun like to use uncommon words to depict things;
I am a simple girl,
using unsophisticated and easy words to elaborate any situations;
An easy way to make people's understand the matter clearly,
make their life's easier.
Mind me;
I like to be simple in every other things I do.

Make sense why nowadays, some youngsters don't prefer to read an English newspaper or even English novel. Some of the reading materials provided at the bookstore's shelves are using a high level of English words; we need to check up a dictionary to truly understand the meaning behind it.

It's such a shame when a simple things makes a big difference towards loving your English as your second language while indeed hating it at the same time for making your pretty life's difficult.

Today's Words Of Wisdom: Arduous

No comments: